ART OF POLLUTION
Aerial view and abstract presentation of different polluted sites across Europe.
In order to meet the demand for raw materials, we create more by-products and toxic waste than ever. For the growing world we need copper, iron, concrete, plastic, ferilízers, electric power, to name a few. Producing these resources contributes significantly to global warming and the pollution of our planet, our Home.
The video explores ash ponds, red mud ponds, and chemical residue pools, hidden or unreachable places, from a new angle. It stimulates an aesthetic response, and thus dialog about our destructive tendencies.
The ambiguity of what is depicted, not to mention the apparent toxicity suggested by the saturated colors pervading these colossal human-made sites, leaves spectators with an overall sense of alarm. This series plays on the effective duality of attraction and abhorrence, contrasting water pollution and the healing power of water while focusing on our own complicity in pollution and art’s complicity in barbarism.
Film by Milan Radisics
Music: Felician Kalmus, youtube.com/channel/UCC2tiKXKPkq5fyRFUY1Is3A
– Award Winner and Grand Prix: International Nature Film Festival Gödöllő, Hungary
– Award Winner, Best Experimental: Indie Short Awards Seoul, Korea
– Award Winner, Award of Excellence, Environmental: Nature Without Borders International Film Festival, USA
– Award Winner, Award of Outstanding Excellence, Original Song: Nature Without Borders International Film Festival, USA
– Award Winner, Best Drone Film, Barcelona Planet Festival, 2020
– Award Winner, Monthly Category Winner: Berlin Flash Film Fest, Germany
– Award Winner, The Impact DOCS Awards, USA
– Award Winner, LA Indies, USA
– Award Winner, Best Short Competition, USA
– Award Winner, Indie Short Fest, LA, USA